Sunday 30 September 2012

Unit 7: Narrative - Industrial Revolution Visual Influence

Hello All,

I have been thinking about what I would look at for visual influence to our setting. It feels as though Lydia and Anita have covered the visual style which I personally hoped to become more painterly, leading everything with expression. For me the artwork of Guild wars 2 says painterly in so many words. To save making another map I thought I would provide a link below so you can check it out for yourselves.

Guild Wars 2 - Art Style:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=guild+wars+2+concept+art&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&biw=1920&bih=893&wrapid=tlif134905094148010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=TuJoUIyJJKb80QW7_IC4Bg

I wanted the 2 influence maps I do have to become the focus above any visual style or tweak, as far as that is concerned I know we all have different ideas about visual styles but the theme is where we need to be together and agreeing or most of if not everything.


My first influence map (shown above) I created not only to capture industrial objects but was mainly to communicate the colour palette. Most of the images I have seen based in the Industrial Revolution are either grey or a muted copper. Any concept piece embracing the era tends to adopt the copper palette as seen above. I explained this in so many words to Lydia the other day but I wanted to be more descriptive.


The second influence map shows my current thinking towards a Narrative theme I am kind of caught between pollution and Child Labour although I'm quite sure we have a clear idea of our direction for the child labour route of animation. This map is purely me thinking out loud and will aid me when I am considering the characters for our little feature epic. The machinery and the Luddites remain a second thought as I will not be personally involved in the set (I hope).

Well I think that concludes my thoughts on the visual matter and research for the time being, I may create a third map when we have a style nailed down (for characters sake) but for the time being I think we are in a pretty decent place to get deeper into these ideas... Cant wait for tomorrow :)

Anyway I will catch you all later,
Hope you are enjoying the posts so far :)

xXStItChXx

No comments:

Post a Comment