Thursday 1 November 2012

Maya Experimentation



During our animation we need to have a water texture transform into steel, hence a Blend Colour Node is being explored, below are the results.


As the wish flower (thistledown) is the main focus for a fair part of our animation I thought I'd do a few quick render tests using Fur to see if this is a viable option. The first two images are far too thick and 'fluffy' looking, but I feel the next two images appear more successful - still not 100% there, but close to production quality.



As I was experimenting with the fur texture I decided to render the offset - below is a clip of the results. I quite like the effect and the idea of using it in the final animation, as each piece of fur is dispersed it represents Charles' imagination fading and reality setting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment